Have you ever wondered how to unlock your creative potential and live a more authentic life aligned with your passions? In this episode, Lauren Abøn Pedersen, a Danish-Canadian singer, songwriter, and composer, shared her journey and experiences with following her creativity and living intentionally.
Danish-Canadian singer, songwriter and composer, Lauren, known as Abøn, was first a professional dancer, biochemist, and ultimately chose music, combining her dance and movement artistry through her work in film. Growing up in the Canadian prairies, Abøn studied classical piano and later went on to learn guitar, bass, cello and drums on her own in various bands, quickly discovering her passion for writing and arranging. She began “The Willows” a vocal jazz trio, where she was the writer and arranger. After performing and touring internationally for many years from North America to Russia, her musical curiosity continued to evolve, and she began to explore a new world of sound through the origin of Abøn.
Abøn is a genre defying artist, described best by her gentle yet captivating vocals, lush string
arrangements, and harmonious movement, bringing a classical canvas to her pop-infused
melodies. She brings a sense of peacefulness and honesty to her listeners, and evokes
imagination, bringing her audience to a world of wonder and fantasy.
If you’ve been listening for a while, you know that we have different formats for this show. Today is what I call an “Inspo” episode, you know, the type of conversation that just inspires you, rejuvenates you and feeds your soul.
I’m talking with Lauren Abøn Pedersen. She’s a Danish-Canadian singer, songwriter and composer. She has the most amazing presence and she’s just a lovely person. I felt like we were just hanging out in a coffee shop talking deeply about life and creativity and I hope you enjoy the conversation much as we did.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Finding inspiration and harmony with nature to fuel creativity
- Making career pivots and bold decisions for creative fulfillment
- Maximizing creative potential through intentional living
- Navigating career changes and pursuing your creative passions
- Living an authentic life: aligning your passions with your actions
- The impact of Canadian and Danish cross-cultural experiences on creative expression
- Embracing uncertainty: managing pressure, comparison and doubt
- How to unlock creativity when you feel blocked
- Control vs creativity and following your own path
- Creating Your Own Muse
And much more!
You may also like:
A Free Workshop on Emotional Regulation